Sunday 22 March 2020

The Basic Outlook of a Descriptive Sentences

STUDY THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH CLOSELY

My grammatical errors and typo errors should be tackle with common sense.

The night was crooked like never before. It brought a chilly and foul air across the city to a lawn outside my house.  My legs were fully stretched and my palms were resting behind my head. The summer green grass underneath was warm and feathery.  My eyes were looking for the moon amid those twinkling stars. However, the yellow crescent moon was playing hide and seek with an ugly looking cloud. I was waiting for the Nightjar to sing her sweet song as usual but all I could hear was the continuous hooting of an owl which made the night even more ghostly.


In the above paragraph, I have used all the four features of the descriptive essay which we have discussed in our ealier lesson.

1.The most vivid pictorial details from the above paragraph:

Example form above Paragraph:
a. My legs were fully stretched and my palms were resting behind my head. (This gives picture in the minds of the readers how the speaker is lying outside his home.)

2.  Use of  Figurative Language from the above paragraph:
b. The night was crooked like never before. It brought a chilly and foul air across the city to a lawn outside my house. (The night is personified)
c. However, the yellow crescent moon was playing hide and seek with an ugly looking cloud. (Moon and cloud personified)
Use of personification is just an example you may use other too but as i said "DON'T OVER USE IT!" Remember we are writing an essay not lyrical poem.

3. Sensory Language
LETS EXAMINE THE WHOLE PARAGRAPH AND FIND OUT THE FIVE SENSORY WORDS:

a. The night was crooked like never before. It brought a damp and foul air across the city to a lawn outside my house.  My legs were fully stretched and my palms were resting behind my head. The summer green grass underneath was warm and feathery.  My eyes were looking for the moon amid those twinkling stars. However, the yellow crescent moon was playing hide and seek with an ugly looking cloud. I was waiting for the Nightjar to sing her sweet song as usual but all I could hear was the continuous hooting of an owl perched on an old juicy gooseberry tree.  The crooked night became even more ghostly.

The following table shows the sensory words accordingly:
All the underlined words are arranged according to its senses in above table. the point is as we write we should include sensory words which will naturally show sensory details. at our level, we should explore how to use compound words especially compound adjectives such as "green grass", "Crooked night", "sweet song" etc. At times, you wont able to include all the five senses and that absolutely "OK!"

4/ Intense/Strong Feelings
Descriptive essay is also personal essay like narrative essay. therefore the writer feelings must reflect in your essay. the above paragraph tells that the speaker is experience eerie feeling. There is  also a feeling of disappointing as he is not able to fulfill his wish of listening to the song of the Nightjar. The term"ghostly" clearly indicates that he was feeling spooky at that moment. So expressing your feelings through words in descriptive writing is indispensable. 

I HOPE I MADE SENSE TO YOU ALL....Drop me messages for further discussion!
GOOD LUCK...STAY AT HOME!!! COVID-19 MUST BE DEFEATED!!!



1 comment:

  1. Kuzu Zungpo La,

    Good informative Blog content. Thanks for sharing, I came across your Blog post today and also, thought to introduce our Freelancer website services in Bhutan to you as well so that, your blog can harness more profits and savings on Office staff Hiring (mostly content writers and video editors). On our freelancer website, you can find any professionals to work on hourly, daily, weekly, monthly or on long term contracts. Our registered freelancers are skilled professionals or Businesses in their respective working fields and doesn't require any On job training to work for your Blog's success. Moreover, freelancers can be hired only when there is a job requirement which reduces hiring costs drastically when compared with permanent staff working for your business / organization on monthly basis and also, big savings in office staff training and office equipment. Because, our registered freelancers are self-equipped with their own Laptop / PC and internet to work for you at any time.

    How to Hire Freelancers on Bhutan Tek website or How to Earn working
    on Projects as a Freelancer? check out this link:
    https://freelancerjobs.bhutantek.com/how-it-works/

    For any Questions or Inquires Email us at: support@bhutantek.com

    Thank You,
    Regards,

    Bhutan Tek

    ReplyDelete