Wednesday 23 January 2019

Ode to Buddha


  
Up amid the wise grey haired Himalayas and beneath his sole,
And far down to the gorgeous gargling Ganges,
 Your sweetest song sung sweetly soothes my soul,
Sweetened like Keat’s nightingale and sugary candies.
From dungeons, my shackled senses shaken with a warm breath,
Unchained me from this freezing vales and isles.
Your lucent poesy is unheard on earth,
Mistress agony smirks and sits through the aisles.
 Karma claws this brittle body to death,
Father! I long for pills to free her wrath,
And sleep blissfully before a warm hearth

Hearken! Hearken! Hearten me holy heart
 I plead: tip me to slurp your slush sutras.   
This surreal life is slitting me apart,
My beastly soul needs your magic mantras.
Sleeping under your Bodhi tree I yearn,
Forlorn eyes trek far to see your glimpses    
Like a lost yogi in a cold cavern.
Yet kneeling down I supplicate to learn
To erase throbbing pain is my wishes. 
Alas! This gorgeous Karma kisses me again,
Ringing kneeling bell, she shuts my heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment